Saturday, January 21, 2012

Neer Chokes Out Ludwig

Duane Ludwig's return to the cage was a short one.

With most, myself included, thinking it would be a war waged on the feet, it ended up being a deep guillotine that finished the fight.

Prior to the submission being slapped on, Ludwig was getting the better of Neer on their feet, even cutting him at one point.

"I was lighting him up. Shots to the body, shots to the head. Then he spits out his mouthpiece and gets a break. I hesitated for a split-second, and he caught me with the guillotine," he told MMAJunkie.com.

After feeling the power of Ludwig, Neer was forced to go for the finish before the inflicted cut became an issue.

"When I was on top of him I could feel blood trickle down my neck," Neer said. "I didn't know how bad the cut was above my eye, so I knew I had to finish him and finish quick. I saw an opening and got him," he told MMAJunkie.com.

After the big win, Neer looks to finally get back in contention in 2012.

"He's probably the hardest puncher I've ever faced. It feels so good in working towards establishing myself. Got a couple wins under my belt and really want to get a nice streak going."

No doubt "Bang" will regroup and come back strong.

You can follow 'Uppercuts Inc.' using either your Google login, Email, or RSS feed at the top of the site or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MenMustFight.

See you at the fights!