Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Josh Huber - "I'm Ruthless"

Here is a press release done by Luke Henderson for Josh Huber's fight on the upcoming 'Fight To Win' card:

Denver, Colorado – May 16, 2012

While the title of Fight to Win MMA’s May 19 event is Super Heroes, make no mistake that at least one person is coming to the ring to be the villain.

Josh Huber wants to walk out of that cage not just with a victory, but with the fans’ knowing that he is a force to be contented with in Colorado MMA.

He’s coming to make a point, and that point may make him look like the meanest man in the sport.

"In real life I’m a nice guy, a laid back guy. In that ring, I’m the meanest guy you know. I’ve got respect for the sport and I’m not going to do anything crazy in the ring. But I’m ruthless. Don’t expect me to be nice in that ring. That is for sure," Huber said in a tone that was a mixture of focus and bone chilling aggression.

Huber has two-fold motivation when it comes to his fight against Manuel Gallardo. First, he’s coming off his first loss in almost two years at Titan Fighting Championship in March.

"That was my toughest fight by far. It was on a huge stage, on TV and I think I got too worked up on it. I took it on nine days notice, so that didn’t help. But I’m ready for this one. I’ll go into this fight calm and composed," Huber said.

Secondly, Gallardo handed Huber his first professional loss in 2009. A loss that still burns brightly in Huber’s memory.

"I always want a loss back. We had a real close fight and I took it on real short notice back in the day. It was a stupid fight for me to take but I did anyway. He’s got payback coming," Huber said.

Training out of Easton BJJ, Huber is very open with his plan for the fight.

"I’ve been debating about my game plan. Maybe I should try and take him into the second, test that cardio of his. He’s taking this fight on short notice, so I want to test that cardio," he said.

While revenge may be first and foremost on Huber’s mind, he also emphasized his desire to put his name at the top of the list in Colorado MMA.

"More than anything I’m going out there to show everyone I am a serious forty-fiver. I’m not looking past this fight but I want to start taking out some guys with great records. I want to start going after those upper echelon fighters to secure my place in Colorado. I want people to know my name after this fight, and they will," Huber said.
 


Fight to Win MMA presents Super Heroes, live May 19 at the National Western Complex. Go to http://www.fighttowin.com
for ticket information.

You can follow 'Uppercuts Inc.' using either your Google login, Email, or RSS feed at the top of the site or on Facebook at the pages below:

Colorado, WY MMA: http://facebook.com/MenMustFight.
Colorado, WY Boxing: http://facebook.com/ColoradoBoxingNews

See you at the fights!