Thursday, October 31, 2013

Donovan Estrella -'Make 'em Miss & Pay'

November 8th will usher in a new chapter in Colorado boxing as Brandon Ortega, Nicholas Thompson and 'Sundown Entertainment LLC' will host their inaugural 'Friday Night Fights' event.

The first of it's type in Colorado Springs.

Featured on the card will be one of the bright up-and-comers in the Rocky Mountain region, Donovan Estrella.

Estrella might be one of the more seasoned fighters on the card, even at the young age of eighteen, with over one-hundred fights as an amateur and now 1-0 as a professional.

Born on the south side of Denver, Estrella has been boxing since he was eight years old and around the sport since he was four, courtesy of his deep family roots in the 'Sweet Science'. 

"My uncle (Tilo Lopez) was a standout amateur boxer. He fought for ten years. My grandpa was also a professional boxer. I was in the gym with them whenever they were there since I was four."


A gifted athlete, Estrella also played some baseball and football but soon knew it was boxing that he wanted to dedicate his time to.

"It runs in our family (boxing). I was good at a lot of sports but with boxing, my whole family was in it and I was raised around it. I fell in love with the sport and decided to stick with it."

As far as any type of game plan for his opponent Helario Medina (1-0 pro), Estrella is going to keep it simple in what should be a fight tailored to his style.

"I like to make them miss and then make them pay. He's (Medina) 1-0 as a professional and he likes to come straight forward. 

"He's a pretty decent boxer so it's going to be a good fight. I don't really have a game plan. I just go out and try to throw them off their game plan. I do whatever I have to do to win. 

"It's like a chess match for me."

Full 'Sundown Entertainment - Friday Night Fights' card lineup and press release found below.

http://www.colorado-mma-colorado-boxing.com/2013/10/colorado-boxing-events.html

http://www.colorado-mma-colorado-boxing.com/2013/10/sundown-ent-press-release-co-boxing.html

You can follow the www.TheFightWire.com on Facebook using the links below:

http://facebook.com/ColoradoMMANews 
http://facebook.com/ColoradoBoxingNews 

See you at the fights!