Thursday, February 27, 2014

Jake Wynne - 'Cage Kings 2'

'TheFightWire.com' - The Premier Rocky Mountain Combat News Source Gym To Street....

This post is sponsored and brought to you by the Colorado MMA event 'Cage Kings 2' taking place March 8th in La Junta, CO.

Tickets can be purchased by calling 720-469-4477

Their Facebook page with more information is found using the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/cage.kings.1?fref=ts



La Junta, CO - The southeastern Colorado MMA promotion '
Cage Kings' is set for it's second event March 8th in La Junta, CO.


The 'Cage Kings 2' card lineup features great match-ups showcasing much of the local talent.

One of these is the rematch between hometown heavyweights Jake Wynne and Jeremy Loveland.


Wynne left with the win in their first meeting and looks to do so again March 8th.


As he talked about the big night, he looked back on the road traveled and how he got here considering he never thought he'd ever get in the cage.

"I grew up wrestling and my Dad rented the first UFC so since then I've always had a interest in it. 


"Then one day after I moved back, Ryan Axtell (matchmaker, Valley Heights MMA) told me I was getting to fat and invited me to the gym.

"It's been a fun ride so far, especially since I really had no intentions of fighting when I started going. After cornering a few fights I decided to step in the cage and give it a go."


Because he hasn't been training MMA and BJJ that long, he's had to rely on his strong wrestling base as he catches up.


"I wouldn't say I have any specific strength. 


"I'm still pretty new when it comes stand-up and jiu-jitsu but if I had to, I would say my wrestling, especially my defensive wrestling. 


"I also have a decent chin and hate to lose."

One of the best aspects of the local MMA scene is the opportunity the fighters have, many of whom will never reach the next level, to showcase themselves in front of their friends and family.


That said, Wynne touched on the added pressure it creates in spite of having fought locally before.

"It's awesome but also very nerve racking. You don't want to have a poor performance and disappoint your friends and family.


"My last fight was also at home. 


"I was more nervous about that fight then when I made my debut in Denver which was for the 'Sparta Combat League' title against the number one ranked amateur at the time.


"I think this time I'll be a little more calm, especially since I've fought Jeremy before and already have experienced fighting at home."


After having spoke with both Wynne and Loveland, I can say they are both guys that truly love the fight game and deserve to win.


Good luck to both...

Jake wanted to thank Mike Laurita with 'Mass Destruction MMA', Monty Thompson with 'Mantra Design', 'SoCo MMA', 'Sinner Tattoo', 'Country Chiropractic' and 'Fade To Black' window tinting.

The full 'Cage Kings 2' fight card can be found below:

http://coloradommanewscoloradoboxingnews.blogspot.com/2014/02/cage-kings-2-updated-card.html


*To advertise on 'TheFightWire.com' or have your combat event covered, email fightgamemma@yahoo.com* 

You can follow the www.TheFightWire.com on Facebook using the links below: 


Click HERE For Colorado MMA News on FB!

Click HERE For Colorado Boxing News On FB! 

See you at the fights!