Thursday, January 19, 2012

"Bang" Ready For Josh Neer

Colorado's Duane "Bang" Ludwig will be stepping back into the cage tomorrow night as the co-main event of the 'UFC On FX 1 card'.

He will be facing off against the tough as nails Josh Neer, and based on their styles alone, it should be nothing short of fireworks for the fans.

Ludwig made it clear he jumped at the opportunity to take on Neer.

"I thought it was great. "I thought it'd be a good matchup for sure. He likes to stand and bang, and he's a standup fighter as well. I think it'll make for an exciting fight. I'm up for that. I'm always down for a good war."

That said, he's too smart to just stand in a phone booth with Neer.

"I want to make sure to show my technical superiority and hit some angles and not just sit there and slug," Ludwig told MMAJunkie.com.

"We'll see what happens. Like Mike Tyson said, you always have a game plan until you get hit, and I don't want to get hit. I'll get upset, I'll pull the parking brake and start chucking bombs."

Across the cage, Josh Neer will be more than willing to trade for the duration of the fight if needed.

"I'm willing to stand up with him as long as he doesn't run from me. If he's going to hit and run from me, I'm going to take him down. If he wants to stand up and trade, I'm more than willing to trade."

Neer doesn't have to worry about Ludwig running. That much is for sure.

Neer is looking for his 6th consecutive win , while "Bang" is coming in on a current 2 fight win streak, with his last against Amir Sadollah. Check back here for full results and breakdown.

You can also view my previous article on the 'Top  5 Upcoming Fights' found below which includes this fight: http://www.colorado-mma-colorado-boxing.com/2012/01/top-5-upcoming-mma-fights.html.

You can follow 'Uppercuts Inc.' using either your Google login, Email, or RSS feed at the top of the site or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/MenMustFight.

See you at the fights!