Thursday, April 19, 2012

Aoki To Break Eddie Alvarez's Arm?

Anytime a fighter steps in a ring or cage with the infamous Shinya Aoki (30-5 MMA, 0-0 BFC) , one would have to be extremely conscious of where his arms are at all times.

In this case, "that" fighter is the heavy handed veteran in Eddie Alvarez (22-3 MMA, 6-1 BFC) as he tries to avoid to back-to-back losses for the first time in his professional MMA career.

That, and also avenge the previous loss to Aoki back in December of  2008.

The highly anticipated rematch will come as the main-event for the 'Bellator 66' card which takes place tonight, April 19th.

Aoki is on a current 7 fight win streak since losing to Gilbert Melendez at a 'Strikeforce' event in April 2010.

Apparently, Aoki has no regrets about collecting his opponents limbs but claims he's only looking for a win each time out.

"It doesn't bother me when I feel my opponents' bones break. But I'm not aiming to break the bones. I'm just looking for a win."

Much emphasis in the stand-up game has Aoki more confident going against Alvarez the second time around in terms of standing and trading.


"I believe Eddie Alvarez and I have both evolved as different fighters. I'm more confident in my standup skills with the hard training with Muay Thai champions at Evolve MMA gym in Singapore.

"And what makes Eddie dangerous is the power in his hands and his wrestling skill. He mixes these skills well and executes the game plan effectively."

At this point in his long and storied MMA career, Aoki is trying to gain more attention for being an all around fighter, not just a submission demi-god.


"My main goal in this fight with Eddie Alvarez is to prove myself and Japanese MMA are still at the top level. I'd like to show my style is MMA, not just grappling or striking."

Check back here at
www.uppercutsnews.com for full results from this event.

If you liked this, check out the link below:

http://www.colorado-mma-colorado-boxing.com/2012/03/alvarez-vs-aoki-ii-for-bellator-66.html

You can follow 'Uppercuts Inc.' using either your Google login, Email, or RSS feed at the top of the site or on Facebook at the pages below:

Colorado, WY MMA: http://facebook.com/MenMustFight.
Colorado, WY Boxing: http://facebook.com/ColoradoBoxingNews

See you at the fights!