Monday, November 21, 2011

Margaret Bloom To Contribute To Uppercuts Inc.

'Uppercuts Inc.' is proud to announce that fight veteran and newly crowned 'Kickdown' fly-weight champion Margaret 'Brutal' Bloom will be a guest contributor occasionally with a focus on the world of Women's MMA.

The 2011 Kickdown 'Womens Fighter Of The Year' brings a wealth of knowledge to the table when it comes to Mixed Martial Arts in addition to being a gifted writer.

"I've been in the Martial Arts community in Wyoming since 1988.I participated in point tournaments through my teens. At twenty-two, I participated in my first light-continuous event in the Ft Collins area. Soon after, I competed in a couple of full contact kickboxing events in Colorado Springs and Loveland."

Bloom made a return to training after an extended layoff and subsequently found a new passion in MMA. She hasn't looked back since and has compiled a 7-5 amateur record including her most recent win over Kelly Reilly last Saturday night.

A win that earned 'Fight Of The Night' honors and secured the first ever 'Kickdown' Womens fly-weight title for the Wyoming resident. Bloom made it clear what draws her to the sport that she now dedicates much of her life to.

"I took a sabbatical from Martial Arts to go to college, nurture my family, etc. I returned in 2009, joining a friend's MMA gym. I much prefer MMA over every form of fight competition I have experienced. I love the endless possibilities. I have been submitted by a boxer and TKO'd by a wrestler. Anything can happen!"

As for the future, Margaret plans to continue training fighters out of her Casper WY MMA gym 'The Fight Syndicate' and also on making her professional MMA debut soon.

"2012 is an exciting prospect. I have taken over the gym in which I train (The Fight Syndicate) and we are focusing on the female fighter. We have, and truly appreciate, men, and are encouraging the ladies to grow and compete along side them."

As the huge growth of MMA continues across the country, the number of female fighters getting in the cage also continues to explode. Further evidence of this is the various regional events to promote the sport like the one she describes below.

"I had the amazing opportunity to attend the G2 Summit in Vegas this summer and discovered an incredible network of knowledge and skill in Women's MMA. 2012 will bring continued momentum for female fighters in the region.

"In fact, Steve Alley is talking about an all female fight card in Wyoming early next year. And, on a personal note, I am gearing up for the step into professional fighting this coming year."

Congratulations to Margaret for all the success that she has worked so hard for over the years. 'Uppercuts Inc.' is honored to have one of the true pillars of Womens Rocky Mountain MMA sharing her opinions on the sport.

See you at the fights!